Atlantic Health System’s Faith Community Nurse Program, part of our Faith Community Partnerships program, recruits, trains and supports volunteer and paid nurses to help congregants make informed personal health decisions.
Our faith community nurses' responsibilities include:
- Identifying congregation health needs and issues
- Educating the congregation about healthy lifestyles, risk-reducing behaviors, developmental needs, preventive self-care, and spiritual practices for health and healing
- Assisting congregants through medical issues including diagnosis, treatments and referrals
- Acting as a liaison and advocate for congregants admitted to the hospital
- Making home, hospital and nursing home visits as needed
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers from the congregation to serve in various health ministries
- Obtaining health resources from Atlantic Health System as necessary
- Helping the congregation with access to community resources and agencies
All of our services are provided in accordance with the values, beliefs and practices of the congregation.