April 15, 2014, Pompton Plains, NJ – Representatives from Chilton Medical Center and Atlantic Health System will deliver seven of the 25 workshops at the 2014 Care and Kindness Conference on Friday, May 2, and Saturday, May 3, at the historic campus of First Reformed Church in Pompton Plains.
The conference is designed to inspire, educate, enhance caring skills and equip people to touch the lives of others. The event is also intended to empower attendees to grow as well as to heal, so that they can live healthier spiritual and emotional lives.
Workshops and representatives include:
- “End-of-Life Decision-Making,” by Terri Reicher, Chilton Medical Center’s bioethics attorney.
- “Visiting the Sick: Practical ways to give care, comfort and courage – keeping healthy boundaries,” Rev. Randy Parks, Manager of Pastoral Care and Chaplain at Newton Medical Center, Atlantic Health System
- “Delivering Healing & Growth for Adult Children of Alcoholics,” by Chilton’s Chaplain, Interfaith Minister Rev. Roland Petit
- “Deep Meditation to Calm the Mind, Body and Soul,” by Linda Marciniak, LCSW and Social Services Manager at Chilton
- “Health Care Decision-Making, “Arlene Fidellaga, RN, BSN, CNOR, CMH, Maureen Colon, RN, BSN, CCRN, Marian Cabeguin-Lopina, Marian Cabeguin-Lopina, RN, BSN, CAPA, at Morristown, Atlantic Health System
- “Caring for Those Experiencing Fetal and Infant Loss,” by Beth Cipoletti, LCSW, a social worker at Chilton
- “The Role of Art in Healing,” by Bea Kettlewood, Ph.D. Dr. Kettlewood is a renowned artist whose works have included the stained glass windows at Chilton Medical Center.
The last time the conference was offered on the east coast in 2010, it was sold out, so early registration is recommended. More information about the 2014 Care and Kindness Conference >
Chilton Medical Center, located in Pompton Plains, NJ, is a part of Atlantic Health System, one of the largest non-profit health care systems in New Jersey that includes Morristown Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown, NJ, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ and Newton Medical Center in Newton, NJ. A fully accredited, 260-bed, acute-care, community hospital, Chilton Medical Center is a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. It is five-star rated by Heath Grades, 2014, for Total Knee Replacement and Heart Failure. Chilton Medical Center is committed to providing innovative patient care in a compassionate and healing environment focused on personalized care. It recently completed a $24 million modernization project, which has transformed the delivery of care throughout the medical center, including the Cardiovascular Interventional Lab, The Breast Center, Total Joint Center, Chilton Cancer Center and Surgical Services. More information about Chilton Medical Center, or for a referral to a skilled, Chilton physician >