The public relations team at Atlantic Health System operates under the following guidelines and policies:
- To arrange interviews, press should call public relations. A member of our team can help access a specialist. If the person a reporter requests is not available, we may be able to provide an alternative source.
- Protecting the privacy of patients and families is our responsibility; it's also the law. Please do not come to our sites unannounced. Rather, contact public relations and we will find experts for interviews and connect you. We'll also make an effort to contact patients upon your request to ascertain their interest in being interviewed.
- To ensure patient confidentiality, privacy and sensitivity to all of the patients, families and employees at Atlantic Health System -- reporters, film crews and photographers must always be accompanied by a public relations team member while on any of the campuses.
- To be photographed or videotaped at Atlantic Health System, patients or their legal guardians must sign a consent form. A member of our public relations team can arrange this.
- Because of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) patients over 18 or their legal guardian must complete a release form before anyone who works at Atlantic Health System can release confidential information about a patient. A member of our public relations team can arrange consent
- Reporters inquiring about a patient condition should contact a member of our public relations team, with the individual's full name.