August 2017, Pompton Plains, NJ – Chilton Medical Center is making progress on the construction of the new Children’s Center. Board members recently toured the future site of this one-of-a-kind, family-friendly facility, offering an innovative approach to pediatric care.
The new Children’s Center will offer the following:
- Outstanding pediatric emergency services and inpatient care in one beautiful facility located within the hospital.
- Access to doctors and nurses specializing in pediatrics 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Streamlined care for minor illnesses and injuries, allowing some children to remain in a kid-friendly waiting area until they receive test results, reducing the stress they may be feeling.
- A dedicated entrance and reception area, including a family and patient lounge, playroom and a total of 11 private, state-of-the-art emergency treatment rooms and inpatient suites.
- Additional special touches to foster patients' healing and reduce anxiety during their stay include inpatient rooms equipped with comfortable, home-like furnishings, skylights, sleeping accommodations for parents, a toy cart, and a mobile entertainment system.
More details will be provided as we approach the grand opening in October 2017.
About Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health System, headquartered in Morristown, N.J., is an integrated health care delivery system powered by a workforce of 16,000 team members dedicated to building healthier communities. The system is comprised of 350 sites of care, including six hospitals: Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Hospital. Atlantic Health System also supports communities through Atlantic Medical Group, Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute, Atlantic Home Care and Hospice, and its subsidiary, Atlantic Ambulance Corporation. The system sponsors Optimus Healthcare Partners and Atlantic Accountable Care Organization, one of the largest ACOs in the nation.