Summit, NJ, May 2012 – Overlook Medical Center and The Running Company, both of Summit, are offering a free, beginner’s running program, “Get Going!” starting Tuesday, May 1 from 7:00 to 9:00pm.
The program is geared for beginning runners looking to participate or focus on training for their first 5K, but all runners are welcome and may benefit from the various components of this program. All program participants will participate in a 5K event on June 26, hosted by Overlook Medical Center and The Running Company.
Participants will learn from experts about:
- how nutrition relates to running and training,
- the benefits of running,
- common injuries and how to prevent them,
- cool tools such as the Alter G and running analysis software
- footwear and gait assessment
- developing a training schedule for a 5K
- proper warm-ups and stretching techniques
- cross training and core strengthening
All participants are encouraged to register with a spouse, a friend, a family member, or colleague to increase chances for success.
The first meeting will take place at Overlook’s Outpatient Rehabilitation Department on the 1st floor. Access through the Morris Avenue entrance. Park in the C Lot. The community program is free, but registration is required at 1-800-247-9580 or online >