Located off the lobby of Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at Morristown Medical Center, Healthy Lifestyles uses an innovative, multidisciplinary approach to evaluate each client's risk of cardiac disease. Then, our team works one-on-one to design a heart-healthy action plan that addresses personal needs in four key areas: nutrition and weight loss, physical activity, stress relief and emotional well-being.
Individual and group classes in nutrition, stress management and physical activities are located in our 2,200 square foot spa-like facility. Clients may participate in any of our classes or use our services without a consultation. Just call ahead to reserve a space or make an appointment.
Lifestyle screenings ($40 per hour) – identify habits, activities and choices that may lead to heart disease
Nutrition services – includes individual nutritional counseling ($40 per hour/$20 per half hour), education classes ($10 each session) and healthy cooking classes ($10 each)
Stress reduction services ($40 per hour/$20 per half hour) – includes massage, a hands-on therapeutic technique that enhances relaxation, lowers blood pressure and heart rate, and reduces stress; Jin Shin Jytusu, a form of acupressure that boosts energy, lowers blood pressure and heart rate and helps the body restore itself; and cranial sacral therapy, a gentle hands-on technique that releases restrictions in the cranial sacral system to improve the overall functioning of the central nervous system
Integrative medicine classes and exercise programs ($10 per class) – improve flexibility and balance, lower blood pressure and reduce stress. They include:
- Yoga, a gentle form of breathing and stretching exercise
- Tai Chi, a series of gentle, meditative movements
- Qi Gong, a self-healing Eastern technique that reduces stress and improves mood
- Pilates, a form of exercise that focuses on gentle movements that strengthen muscles and improve flexibility, circulation and balance
- Social dancing, swing dance and Nia are great forms of exercise to burn calories and promote fitness
- Zumba, a movement class that uses Latin rhythms to create a dynamic fitness program
- Meditation, a simple way to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and heart rate; uses focus and breathing techniques
Emotional support services ($40 per hour/$20 per half hour) – includes lifestyle coaching to create a new, healthier lifestyle; integrated holographic healing, a blend of talk therapy and hands-on healing; and smoking cessation counseling to kick the habit for good