The world-class medical experts at Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute provide award-winning cardiovascular treatment services in state-of-the-art facilities, helping patients and their loved ones navigate complex medical situations with the assurance that they are receiving the best heart health care available.
Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers specializes in open-heart, minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures, and is supported by a multi-disciplinary team that includes cardiologists, vascular specialists, cardiac surgeons, critical care nurses, open-heart surgical nurses, physician assistants, electrophysiologists, cardiovascular technologists and clinical specialists.
In addition, you'll receive individualized care, including inpatient cardiac rehabilitation nurses who help you get back on your feet, dieticians who help you develop a sound nutrition plan, respiratory specialists who manage the ventilator system and social workers who make sure you have the home health care you need when you leave the hospital.
Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute has earned numerous awards and accreditations for its cardiovascular services:
- Ranked a top hospital nationwide for cardiology & heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report (Morristown Medical Center)
- Recipient of the American College of Cardiology's ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award for improvement in the treatment of heart attack patients (Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers)
- Performs more open-heart surgeries every year than any other cardiovascular surgery program in NJ, with consistently superior outcomes according to The Cardiac Surgery Consumer Report, compiled by the New Jersey Department of Health (Morristown Medical Center)
- Received full accreditation for the R. Gregory Sachs Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, an international organization that establishes standards for cardiac medicine (Overlook Medical Center)
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Morristown Medical Center)
- Coronary Care Unit and Cardiac Unit winner of the silver-level Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- One of only 60 hospitals in the nation to receive the Gold Seal of Approval™ Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission for our ventricular assist device (VAD) program (Morristown Medical Center)
- Cardiac surgery program received a three-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, a rating achieved by just 10 percent of all cardiac surgery programs nationwide (Morristown Medical Center)