The Pediatric Residency Program at Goryeb Children’s Hospital’s academic affiliation with Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City does not benefit only the faculty. Benefits for our residents include the following:
- Mount Sinai medical students do their core pediatric clerkships at Goryeb Children’s Hospital, as well as sub-internships and rotations in our intensive care units. Residents have continuous opportunities to enhance their teaching skills as rotating students become an integral part of each care team.
- Access to the Mount Sinai Library system
- Morchand Center for Communication Training – where residents are exposed to standardized patients and clinical scenarios. Sessions are videotaped and feedback is given.
- Opportunities for subspecialty electives
- Opportunity to participate in the Mount Sinai Medical School Research Day
- Lectures on Resident as Teacher by the medical student clerkship director