The Children’s Heart Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center recommends the following steps to prepare your child for a stress test:
- Have your child wear sneakers and loose comfortable clothes, such as shorts or sweats.
- Ensure your child adheres to our recommendations regarding food and drinks. He or she must not eat anything within two hours of the test and must not drink anything other than water or clear liquids within one hour of the test.
- For tests scheduled early in the morning, your child may have a light breakfast.
- For tests scheduled in the early afternoon, your child may have a full breakfast and a light snack for lunch.
- For tests scheduled in the late afternoon, your child may have a full breakfast and full lunch.
- Bring a snack with a drink for your child to have after the test is completed.
- Bring your stress test prescription, which is required for registration.
- Park in the JCP&L parking garage and arrive on time to Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute, Level C at Morristown Medical Center.
- Prior to the test, contact your insurance company to verify coverage.
If you have questions or need further instruction, please contact the Children’s Heart Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center.