The Pediatric Brain and Spine Tumor Center, part of Valerie Fund Children’s Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Center at Overlook Medical Center, provides an array of diagnostic procedures and treatments for children diagnosed with a tumor of the brain, spine or peripheral nervous system.
Treatment and Medical Services
- Neurosurgery – Our board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric neurosurgeons use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, including small incisions for less tissue damage and faster healing.
- Chemotherapy – Our pediatric oncologists create individualized care plans that may include outpatient treatment.
- CyberKnife radiosurgery – We have a specialist board-certified in both pediatrics and radiation oncology.
- Neuropathology – All surgical and biopsy specimens are evaluated by a fellowship-trained neuropathologist.
- Anesthesiology – Our fellowship-trained, certified pediatric anesthesiologists work with our medical teams during procedures, such as surgeries, biopsies or MRIs.
- Access to all major clinical trials available through the Children’s Oncology Group
- Radiation therapy
- Physical, occupational, audiological, speech and feeding therapies
- Social work support
- Long-term, coordinated follow-up care