- Kid-FIT launches to incorporate good nutrition and exercise into the daily lives of children.
- The pediatric ambulance takes its first patient to Goryeb Children's Hospital.
- Local teenagers start the youth philanthropy committee Kids4Kids.
- Parents are invited to be present during medical rounds and procedures, launching family-centered care in the Joan and Edward Foley Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
- The PICU expands to nine beds and receives an advanced medical simulator mannequin to improve education and training.
- Goryeb Children's Hospital implements a pediatric early warning and rapid response system to intervene with severely ill or injured patients.
- The Pediatric Headache Center opens.
- The Family-Focused High Risk Diabetes Intervention Program is established.
- Two BD Diabetes Center educational programs are selected by the American Diabetes Association for national distribution to all children and adolescents with newly-diagnosed diabetes.
See key milestones for 2009 >