Hackettstown Medical Center provides emergency care that is close to home for many in Northwestern New Jersey with access to high-tech specialty services available through Atlantic Health System, when needed.
Our Emergency Department features 11 private treatment rooms, a dedicated trauma room for cardiac and stroke patients, and an isolated area specially-equipped with negative air pressure to treat contagious illnesses.
Specialized emergency services, available 24/7, include:
- Cardiopulmonary care – We provide a wide array of cardiopulmonary services for heart and lung health with access to Morristown Medical Center for more advanced treatments.
- “Fast-Track” area – Non-critical patients can receive walk-in care with minimal wait times.
- Mental health care – Professional crisis counselors provide confidential support and treatment for those in a mental health or substance abuse emergency.
- Pediatric care – Our board-certified emergency room physicians care for everything from minor emergencies to life-threatening injuries and illnesses and can refer patients to Goryeb Children’s Hospital, when necessary.
- Stroke care – Designated a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, we are well-equipped to quickly and effectively treat patients experiencing stroke symptoms. What’s more, telemedicine provides remote care from stroke specialists at Overlook Medical Center.
- Transportation – Our on-site helipad provides quick and easy access for medevac units and ambulance transportation is available to and from our hospital.
When other specialized care is necessary, patients have seamless access to Atlantic Health System’s full range of medical services, physicians and resources.