Morristown Medical Center, in conjunction with Atlantic Sports Health, offers primary care-trained residents post-graduate education in its sports medicine fellowship program.
Our program features a comprehensive imaging center, sports performance lab and physical therapy services. In addition, fellows can gain both operative and non-operative experience at our bio skills lab and state-of-the-art ambulatory center.
Those enrolled in our program will develop expertise in diagnosing and managing sports-related illnesses and injuries, including prevention, pre-participation evaluation, acute and chronic illness or injury, and rehabilitation. Our fellows work with athletes of every age and ability, including collegiate athletes and professional football players on the New York Jets – Morristown Medical Center is the official hospital partner of the Jets. Hands-on education will occur in training rooms, on the field and in office settings.
In addition, fellows will have the opportunity to pursue other sports medicine-related experiences, including research mentorships and electives. One such elective is a combat sports rotation – the first of its kind to be offered in this country – in which fellows provide ringside medicine coverage at various combat sporting events.
Atlantic Health System, the parent company of Morristown Medical Center, has affiliations with several local professional sports teams and athletic organizations:
- Official health care partner of the New York Jets
- Official sports medicine and rehabilitation partner of the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Associations (NJSIAA)
- Official sports medicine partner for Parisi schools
- Official health partner of Cybex and the Cybex Research Institute
- Official sports medicine provider of Skylands Junior Kings Hockey Team
- Official sports medicine provider of Match Fit Academy Football Club