Atlantic Health System's Diagnostic Radiology Residency is a four-year program based at Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, NJ, and integrated with Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ. Residents complete a year of clinical training prior to matriculating to the program. The program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and abides by all standards and practices set forth by the American Board of Radiology.
- The program comprises 20 residents in training, with five entering each year.
- We support and encourage residents’ participation in research, and our residents win awards and recognition at national conferences, including the Society of Interventional Radiology and the Radiological Society of North America.
- Residents are trained on modern, state-of-the-art imaging equipment by fellowship-trained, highly skilled faculty. Our hospitals use the newest available technology, including 3D mammography, the first major advance in breast imaging and breast cancer screening since breast MRI.
- Our residents enjoy high board passing rates. Most graduates pursue further specialty training in fellowships at prestigious institutions.
- Residents benefit from a high volume of cases, performing nearly 420,000 examinations each year at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, and other Atlantic Health System sites.
- A high faculty-to-resident ratio ensures that residents’ individual strengths and needs are identified and addressed throughout their training.
- Atlantic Health System offers a generous compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, conference funding (including American Institute for Radiologic Pathology conference registration and housing) and vacation time.
- Atlantic Health System provides 24-hour radiology services to our patients, so residents gain exposure to the complete gamut of diagnostic exams. Residents are gradually introduced to the on-call routine and, during the first year, are always supervised by an attending on call. The resident is considered the first level of consultation within the Department of Radiology and makes decisions with respect to the performance of all emergency exams (with attending radiologist back-up).
- Each teaching area has at least one primary attending radiologist in that subspecialty.
Morristown Medical Center is located in beautiful, historic Morristown, NJ, the headquarters of George Washington during the American Revolution. Morristown boasts a lovely suburban environment with a thriving downtown, featuring a plethora of restaurants, theaters and popular stores. Morristown was one of the first five “transit villages” designated in New Jersey in 2000, since Morristown has New Jersey Transit rail service at the Morristown train station. Locals benefit from shortened commuting times to New York City due to New Jersey Transit’s "Midtown Direct" service.