This is a three-year surgical program at Morristown Medical Center.
- Established in 2001 as part of the podiatric surgical residency program.
- Includes one-year general surgical/medical internship followed by two years of formal podiatric training.
- Approved by The Council On Podiatric Medical Education.
- Only selects residents into the PGY-1 year.
- Prepare for a successful career in either academic or clinical podiatric surgery.
- Gain broad operative experience through an abundance of surgical cases.
- Emphasis placed on decision-making skills relating to the management of foot and ankle disorders ranging from the diabetic foot and reconstruction to complex trauma.
- Evaluate and treat inpatient problems while assuming increasing responsibility in outpatient, operative and emergency settings.
- Focus on a multidisciplinary approach to inpatient management with the consultation of appropriate services as needed.
- Benefit from the Department of Podiatry's excellent relationship with the medical, general and sub-specialized services, including Plastic and Vascular Surgery, as well as several regional orthotics companies whose services are directly available through our outpatient facilities.
- Outpatient clinics held in modern facility with on-site x-ray capability.