Atlantic Health System offers workshops in the visual, performing and literary arts. These workshops are led by talented artists and art therapists and explore a variety of arts forms.
The workshop programs are part of Atlantic Health System's efforts to heal and nurture patients and their families in body, mind and spirit.
Samples of recent workshops include:
- Free Art Workshops at Morris Museum, where those affected by chronic pain or chronic illness can engage in various art making projects.
- Healing Wars Workshop with Liz Lerman, a workshop specifically for caregivers, which explored the caregiving and healing experience through movement. A program of the Arts and Health Partnership
- Mandala Workshops, which focus on spirituality and the representation of wholeness found in Mandalas. An experiential opportunity to learn about the mandala, its history and healing properties. Participants also create their own mandala, a reflection of their inner world.
- Glass Fusing Workshop at Glasswork Studios, which brings together those living with cancer, survivors, family members, caregivers, and their community through instructive glass craft.
- Poetry Heals Workshop, which encourages deep thinking, listening, and speaking through different themes of poetry, such as gratitude. The workshop uses poetry to emphasize skills for healthcare workers.
For upcoming workshops and programs, please visit our events calendar.