When you arrive at Morristown Medical Center, park in the visitor's garage to the right of the main entrance. You will enter on the A level of the Simon Building. If you need assistance or a wheelchair, please notify the security guard when you arrive. If you arrive after hours, use the intercom and security can open the door for you.
Walk through the lobby past the Information Desk where there will be a set of elevators on either side of the hallway. Follow the signs to the entrance to Labor and Delivery. Proceed to the Labor and Delivery doors and ring the doorbell. View our campus map >
You will be greeted by our receptionist and then escorted to your room and admitted by a nurse. Be sure to have your insurance card and your driver’s license with you for registration.
After reviewing your needs, your nurse will work with you to create a custom care plan to make your labor and delivery experience comfortable and memorable. Your plan might include:
- Music therapy to help you relax
- Aromatherapy to reduce pain and make the birth experience more soothing and relaxing
- Hydrotherapy (a warm bath or shower) to reduce pain
- Labor balls and telemetry to help you move around safely during labor
What to expect when you arrive at the hospital for admission to Labor and Delivery:
- Come directly to the labor and delivery floor as directed by your doctor.
- You will be escorted to your room and asked to change into a hospital gown or clothing that you may have brought from home.
- You will be placed on the external fetal monitor.
- You and your partner will be asked to sign consents. Please bring along the name address and telephone number of your pediatrician.
- If necessary, an intravenous (IV) will be started by your nurse. For example, if you will have a scheduled cesarean delivery or an induction of labor.
- Blood work will be drawn.
- A portable ultrasound may be done to confirm your baby’s position.
- Upon arrival, you may be evaluated by a resident, hospitalist, or your own doctor or midwife.