At Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center, we offer globally-recognized breastfeeding support programs. In fact, we have received the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Care Award, a recognition given to programs worldwide that provide on-going breastfeeding education for their maternity center nurses and offer projects that promote, protect and support breastfeeding. Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center are also deemed Baby-Friendly Designated birth facilities by Baby-Friendly USA.
All of our program’s board-certified lactation consultants are registered nurses with years of experience helping new mothers breastfeed their babies. They can assist you with:
- Breastfeeding classes and individualized instruction before and after your baby is born
- Assistance with breastfeeding while you and your baby are in the hospital
- Counseling over the phone or during an office visit after you and your baby have been discharged
- Electric breast pump rentals and breastfeeding supplies
- Assistance for working mothers