At Vascular Services at Morristown Medical Center Health Pavilion in Rockaway, NJ, our certified technologists specialize in diagnosing a variety of vascular conditions using noninvasive techniques that do not require radiation. Specific laboratory tests of the veins and arteries include:
- Venous tests – used to diagnosis venous thrombosis, venous insufficiency, varicose veins and leg swelling
- Arterial tests – used to diagnosis peripheral vascular disease (PVD), Raynaud’s syndrome and vasculitis; also used in pulse volume recorder (PVR) stress testing
- Aortic and visceral artery tests – used to diagnosis aortic aneurysm (AAA), renal artery stenosis, hypertension, renal failure and mesenteric artery disease, such as mesenteric ischemia and median arcuate ligament syndrome
- Carotid artery tests – used to diagnosis carotid stenosis, subclavian steal syndrome; also used in stroke prevention and evaluation
- Vein mapping – used in pre-operative planning for coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) or lower extremity bypass, and in the evaluation of veins in preparation for hemodialysis access surgery
- Hemodialysis access – used to evaluate a current access, such as arteriovenous fistula or graft; also used in conjunction with vein mapping to assess the ability to create a new access
Hours and Appointments
All vascular procedures require a signed prescription from a physician. Most health insurance plans are accepted, but authorization may be required for some imaging exams. Patients should always check with their individual carriers to determine our participation with their plan and authorization requirements.
Walk-in appointments are often available. You may also schedule an appointment ahead of time by calling our central scheduling office at 973-895-6604.