Following stroke rehabilitation, patients can further their recovery at the Monsignor John F. Corr Stroke and Neuro Education Treatment and Wellness Center, located at Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute. We help improve both the physical and spiritual well-being of our stroke patients and their families, while controlling risk factors that can prevent a secondary stroke.
Our services include:
- Education on secondary stroke prevention and healthy lifestyle changes
- Assessments of physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs
- Individual and group counseling to help transition patients back into their community
- Integrative medicine techniques, such as Qi Gong, yoga, art therapy and balance classes
- Multi-disciplinary treatment using the latest advancements in care and evidence-based research
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptive follow-up medications
- Speech-language and swallowing therapies
- Support groups for stroke survivors and their caregivers
- Vocational rehabilitation
Our professional staff includes a physician with specialization in neuroscience and post-stroke rehabilitation, a rehabilitation psychologist, a certified rehabilitation registered nurse educator, social workers, and a rehabilitation and stroke specialty advance practice nurse practitioner.
Atlantic Neuroscience Institute’s Stroke Rehabilitation Education Program
In addition, Atlantic Neuroscience Institute offers a stroke rehabilitation education program designed by our past stroke survivors and their families. By educating patients to identify and control risk factors, we can help them reduce their risk of secondary stroke. Each of our stroke patients receives a copy of the Stroke Survivor’s Handbook, which includes stroke educational materials as well as information on the recovery environment and the health care professionals involved in their treatment and care.
Post-stroke education is provided at Monsignor John F. Corr Stroke and Neuro Education Treatment and Wellness Center, located at Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute and at Atlantic Neuroscience Institute.
See all Atlantic Rehabilitation locations >