The Ryan White Services HIV/AIDS Program at the Family Health Center of Morristown Medical Center is a federally-funded initiative that aims to enhance the medical care and support services for people with HIV and AIDS.
Our program provides access to comprehensive HIV and AIDS services, including:
- Case management and social services – Social workers assist our patients with needs assessment, benefit counseling, community referrals, psycho-educational services, mental health services, support groups and prescription assistance.
- Dental care – Both therapeutic and preventive dental care is available at Morristown Medical Center.
- Financial coordinator – The coordinator screens patients' eligibility for financial assistance programs, including Medicaid, Medicare, NJ Family Care and Charity Care.
- HIV counseling and testing – Free, confidential HIV testing is available.
- Infectious disease care – A weekly specialty clinic session provides infectious disease consultation for patients with HIV-related complications and treatment issues.
- Mental health care – Our counseling program coordinates patients’ mental health care and medical care.
- Nutrition services – A medical nutritionist provides clinical assessment and follow-up based on individual needs.
- On-site clinics – Dermatology, psychiatric, podiatry, endocrinology ,diabetes and rheumatology services are available at the Family Health Center.
- Patient education and risk reduction – Personalized education plans improve patients’ understanding of HIV and enhance their ability to adhere to treatment.
- Primary medical care – Comprehensive primary care is available for both adults and children at the Family Health Center. We're staffed by a panel of board-certified general internists and a nurse practitioner specializing in HIV and AIDS for adults.
- Specialty medical or surgical care – Morristown Medical Center provides consultation in all major medical and surgical procedures.
- Support groups – HIV patients can receive education and mutual encouragement in a private and confidential environment:
- HIV Support Group
Participants will meet others who face the same fears and questions and discuss solutions to shared problems.
Second and fourth Thursdays, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Overlook Medical Center
For more information and to register, please call 973-971-8936.
- HIV Support Group for Gay Men
Issues regarding HIV and the gay male community will be addressed.
Morristown Medical Center
For more information about dates and times, please call 973-971-8936.
- Transportation – Medical transportation is available for emergencies.