At Atlantic Sports Health, we understand that achieving your athletic goals not only requires physical conditioning, but mental conditioning, as well. That’s why we offer consultations with licensed sports psychologists to help you improve your mental edge and achieve optimal levels of sports performance. This often begins with an assessment of your goals.
Common sports psychology goals for our patients include:
- Coping with loss or injury
- Decreasing performance anxiety
- Improving confidence
- Increasing focus and concentration
- Learning playbooks and improving memory
- Maintaining high levels of motivation
- Minimizing outside distractions
- Sleeping better
A sports psychologist will spend time with you discussing your athletic goals and developing a strategy to improve your mental skills and preparation.
Some techniques our sports psychologist uses include:
- Goal setting
- Imagery and visualization
- Mental rehearsal
- Mindfulness (being in the moment)
- Mood monitors
- Positive self-talk
Services are confidential. With your permission, your sports psychologist will work collaboratively with your other doctors to ensure a team approach in helping you achieve your performance goals.
Sports-related psychology services are available at both our Morristown and Sparta locations.