Before you leave home for your surgery at Morristown Medical Center or Morristown Medical Ambulatory Surgery Center (111 Madison Ave.):
- Take a shower using an antibacterial soap (or the special soap you were given).
- You may brush your teeth or rinse your mouth; however, do not swallow water.
- Follow medication instructions given to you by your surgeon and/or pre-operative nurse.
- Do not wear makeup, mascara, skin creams, lotions, nail polish or metal hairpins.
- Plan to arrive on time, leaving enough time for parking.
- Menstruating women should not use tampons.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Remove all jewelry and leave it at home.
- Do not bring any valuables to the hospital.