When having surgery at Morristown Medical Center or Morristown Medical Ambulatory Surgery Center (111 Madison Ave.), here are some facts to keep in mind:
- At Morristown Medical Center, the surgical family waiting room is located adjacent to the Surgical Access Unit.
- Family should immediately check in to the waiting room after the patient has been taken to the holding area.
- The length of surgery time you were given is an estimate. Often surgeries go beyond the estimated time frame, or in some cases as long as scheduled. This does not mean there was a complication or problem.
- The surgeon will call or come out to see a member of the family when the surgery is complete.
- At Morristown Medical Center, we will provide you with maps to get around the hospital. Please feel free to visit our coffee shops, gift shop, cafeteria, quiet room, or chapel. Be sure a member of the family remains in the waiting room in case a member of our team needs to speak with them.
- Please check in with the waiting room desk staff when leaving or returning to the area. Any messages for you will be left there.