What to Expect
Whatever your medical needs – from routine annual tests to emergency care – the award-winning medical professionals at Morristown Medical Center are here for you and your loved ones. For more than a century, Morristown Medical has provided Morris County and surrounding areas with expert, compassionate medical care in a full range of specialties, delivered in family-friendly, state-of-the-art facilities.
Morristown Medical Center is recognized for a broad array of exceptional services and medical technology:
- We have been named Best Hospital in three specialties; including cardiology & heart surgery, geriatrics and gynecology; and Best Regional Hospital in eight specialties; including cancer, diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & GI surgery, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology; by U.S. News & World Report.
- We were recognized as "Hospital of the Year" for the 2013 NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes Awards.
- Morristown Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital for Excellence in Nursing Service.
- Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute’s cardiac surgery program is the largest in the state of New Jersey.
- Atlantic Neuroscience Institute’s Stroke Center at Morristown Medical is the only accredited stroke trauma center in Morris County.
- Our maternity center features 54 private rooms in which mothers and babies can stay together at all times.
- Sick and premature infants receive the most advanced treatments available at our Level III Regional Perinatal Center.
- More than 100 pediatric specialists staff the nurturing, child-focused Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
- Carol G. Simon Cancer Center has received Three-Year Approval with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- Morristown Medical Center has been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission, achieving Disease-Specific Care Certifications for its joint replacement programs in the hip and knee categories, and for its Spine Program for cervical and lumbar spine treatments.
- The American College of Surgeons has verified our trauma facility a Level I Regional Trauma Center.
- We have received the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses in the following areas:
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) - gold
- Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - gold
- Coronary Care Unit - silver
- Cardiac Unit - silver
- We are the official hospital partner of the New York Jets and offer a comprehensive sports medicine program.