Knowing the difference between simple forgetfulness and a serious memory loss condition is not always easy. The following questions may help determine if an evaluation with a neurologist may be necessary:
- Are you becoming more forgetful?
- Do you have difficulty performing familiar tasks?
- Have family or friends told you that you are repeating questions or saying the same thing over and over again?
- Do you have trouble recalling words or names in conversation?
- Do you have trouble concentrating?
- Do you sometimes forget where you are or where you are going?
- Are you misplacing things more often?
- Have you become lost when walking or driving?
- Have your family or friends noticed changes in mood, behavior, personality or desire to do things?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, please call the Memory and Cognitive Disorders Program.