Following stroke rehabilitation, patients can further their recovery at the Monsignor John F. Corr Stroke and Neuro Education Treatment and Wellness Center, located at Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute. We help improve both the physical and spiritual well-being of our stroke patients and their families, while controlling risk factors that can prevent a secondary stroke.
Our center’s post-stroke rehabilitation services include:
- Education on secondary stroke prevention and healthy lifestyle changes
- Individual and group counseling to help transition patients back into their community
- Integrative medicine techniques, such as Qi Gong, yoga, art therapy and balance classes
- Multi-disciplinary treatment using the latest advancements in care and evidence-based research
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech-language and swallowing therapies
- Support groups for stroke survivors and their caregivers
Post-Stroke Rehabilitation Medical Team
Our professional staff includes a physician with specialization in neuroscience and post-stroke rehabilitation, a rehabilitation psychologist, a certified rehabilitation registered nurse educator and a rehabilitation and stroke specialty advance practice nurse practitioner.