An X-ray is a noninvasive medical test that helps physicians diagnose and treat medical conditions. At Newton Medical Center, our X-ray services use dose-reduction technology to minimize our patients' radiation exposure.
Preparing for an X-ray at Newton Medical Center
- You may be asked to remove some or all of your clothes and wear a gown during the exam.
- Remove jewelry, dentures, eye glasses and any metal objects or clothing that might interfere with the X-ray images.
- Women should inform their physician and technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant. If an X-ray is necessary, precautions will be taken to minimize radiation exposure to the baby.
Newton Medical Center’s radiologists are experts in supervising and interpreting radiology examinations. They will analyze your X-ray images and send a signed report to your primary care physician or the physician who referred you for the exam. He or she will discuss the results with you.
Locations and Appointments
X-rays are performed on a walk-in basis and are available at:
- Radiology at Newton Medical Center
175 High Street, First Floor
Newton, NJ 07860
24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Radiology at Milford Health & Wellness Center
111 East Catharine Street, Suite 120
Milford, PA 18337
Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Radiology at Sparta Health & Wellness Center
89 Sparta Avenue, Suite 202
Sparta, NJ 07871
Phone: 973-726-4232, Option 1
Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday, 8:00am to Noon
- Radiology at Vernon Health & Wellness Center
123 State Route 94, Suite 100
Vernon, NJ 07462
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 5:00pm