Atlantic Sports Health medical professionals can work with you to increase your strength, speed, agility, flexibility, coordination, cardiovascular endurance and overall conditioning.
Performance Testing at Atlantic Sports Health
Our sports performance team, which includes physical therapists, athletic trainers, medical specialists and exercise physiologists, can determine the right combination of performance tests to help you reach your desired athletic goals. Services are offered individually or in customized packages and include:
- Balance training and proprioception improvement – helps retrain or increase an athlete’s balance and proprioception abilities. It evaluates three of your body’s systems including your ability to:
- determine touch, temperature and your body’s position in space (somatosensory)
- balance or maintain equilibrium (vestibular)
- see movement (visual)
- Body composition analysis – measures the amount of fat versus lean muscle tissue as a percentage of an athlete’s total weight
- Performance testing – provides state-of- the-art fitness, nutritional and metabolic chemistry assessments, which can determine:
- How the body performs during exercise
- Heart rate training zones
- How to fine-tune exercise programs
- Individual nutritional requirements for various exercise intensities
- Critical fitness evaluation markers, including maximal oxygen consumption (VO2 max) and lactate threshold
Performance testing is available at both our Morristown and Sparta locations.
Additional Performance Improvement Services
Atlantic Sports Health has partnered with regional athletic training organizations to provide additional services to our patients, including:
- Basic biomechanical and gait analysis – a real-time motion capture system allows specialists to evaluate your sport-specific walking, jumping, running, throwing or swing patterns, and determine the most appropriate conditioning plan for performance enhancement and injury prevention
- Flexibility assessment – measures range of motion to properly assess an athlete’s flexibility and identify muscle groups that may be prone to injury
- Functional movement screening – documents movement patterns and allows a specialist to identify muscle imbalances, as well as issues with flexibility that can reduce the effects of training and physical conditioning; the test takes objective measurements, which can be used to track an athlete’s performance improvements
- Speed and agility training – helps improve an athlete’s ability to move and change direction quickly while maintaining balance – a key component of sports fitness and performance; specialists can create individualized programs to make measured improvements in speed and agility for sports performance at any level
These additional services are available at our Morristown location only.