Before you leave for surgery at Newton Medical Center, be sure to bring:
- Your glasses and an eyeglass case, if needed. If you wear contact lenses, remove them and leave them at home.
- A form of identification, such as your driver’s license, and insurance cards.
- List of medications, including name, dosage and frequency.
- Copy of your advanced directive or living will.
- Assistive devices, such as hearing aids, crutches, canes, nasal C-Pap (bi-pap) machines, etc.
- Any X-ray films or medical information you may have at home pertaining to this operation.
If your surgery is an inpatient procedure and you pack an overnight bag, leave it in the car until your surgery is completed. Your family can bring it to your room after you have arrived there.