If you are more than 100 pounds overweight and have tried and failed to lose weight, or if you suffer from obesity-related health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, joint disease, depression, high cholesterol or infertility, you may be a great candidate for metabolic weight loss or bariatric surgery at Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center, located at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center and Chilton Medical Center.
- First, check your body mass index (BMI). It classifies a person as underweight, normal weight, overweight or obese by doing a comparison calculation between height and weight. Calculate your BMI >
- Now ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a BMI of 40 or more?
- Do you have a BMI of 30 or more, plus a life-threatening obesity-related health problem such as diabetes, severe sleep apnea or heart disease?
- Does your weight cause physical problems that interfere with family, recreational or work-related activities?
- Are you more than 100 pounds overweight and have tried and failed to lose weight?
- If the response is “yes” to any of the questions, please contact Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center.