You and your caregiver need to stay informed about your medical condition and treatments while you are hospitalized. Once you are released from the hospital, it is important to have this information available so you can share it with your primary care physician during your next visit. These lists will help you remember to ask questions while in the hospital and keep track of vital health and medication information.
About My Condition
- What effect did my hospitalization have on my condition? Is it cured or just under control for now?
- How can my condition be treated or managed, or made better?
- How will this condition affect me? Will I need to change some of my activities?
- Are there long-term effects of my condition?
- How can I learn more about my condition?
About My Medical Tests
- Why do I need this test?
- What will this test show about my health?
- What will the test cost? Will my insurance cover the costs?
- What do I need to do to get ready for the test?
- How is the test done? What steps does the test involve?
- Are there any dangers or side effects?
- How will I find out the results of my test?
- How long will it take to get the results? What will we know after the test? Will I get a written copy of the test results?