A message from:
Joseph Tribuna, MD, Director, Overlook Family Medicine Residency Program
Dear Medical Student:
Welcome to the Overlook Family Medicine Residency Program!
First, we’d like to congratulate you on your interest in family medicine. This is the heart of primary care: there’s no other field of medical practice in which you can help so many different types of patients (male and female, infancy to old age), see as wide a range of medical conditions, have as much opportunity to follow your professional interests wherever they lead and make as much of an impact on families and communities.
Now, we would like to tell you about us:
- We've been training family physicians for more than 40 years, consistently achieving the highest level ACGME Residency Review Committee accreditation.
- We are a dual-accredited allopathic and osteopathic residency.
- We offer a Sports Medicine Fellowship at Morristown Medical Center.
- We are located in beautiful Summit, NJ, a short train ride from the heart of New York City.
- We have two high-volume family medicine offices, in Summit, NJ, and Chatham, NJ, one on the hospital campus, the other a short distance away.
- Our new expansive family medicine office at Overlook Medical Center is built for team-based, patient-centered care, with two pods (each with nursing station and 8 exam rooms), a large precepting area, and a personal space for every resident.
- Our new office is equipped with high-tech equipment for practice and teaching, including an EHR with built-in e-prescribing and patient education capacity, an electronic patient communication system, an iPad for every resident, video-monitoring capacity in every exam room, and a large screen (70") Internet-connected smartboard in our conference room, operated by wireless keypad and mouse, or touch.
- Overlook Medical Center is a multi-residency hospital, and our parent company, Atlantic Health System, has a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
- A one-month global health experience is available through the Ben Josephson Fund for residents to provide care in underserved areas.
- We have a Certificate Program in Medical Humanities (with Drew University) and a Palliative Care training track.
- Overlook Medical Center is part of Atlantic Health System, a five-hospital community-based academic health care system.
But here's what's most important about our program...
Our program treats residents as colleagues, encouraging resident autonomy and decision-making while ensuring quality of care. We hope you will consider becoming one of us.
If you already know you’d like to apply, please contact us.