At Morris Cares, we believe that victims of sexual assault, as well as their loved ones, should receive specialized care in a supportive, nonjudgmental environment.
Morris Cares services available through Morristown Medical Center:
- Sexual Assault Program Hotline: 973-829-0587 – confidential support and crisis counseling provided by a professional therapist, available 24/7
- Individual counseling – available to survivors of sexual violence, as well as to their families and significant others
- Advocacy services – trained advocates accompany survivors of sexual violence to court, police departments and emergency rooms
- Support groups – available to both male and female survivors of sexual violence, their families and significant others
- Community education – covers a variety of topics related to sexual violence and harassment
Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
An advocate, certified forensic nurse and specially-trained law enforcement investigators address the medical, emotional and legal needs of survivors 13 years of age and up who are in acute crisis and have been sexually assaulted within a five-day period. Services are available through Morris Cares.