Physiatrists are physicians whose medical specialty is physical medicine and rehabilitation. They provide comprehensive, non-surgical care for individuals with musculoskeletal injuries from work, sports, overuse, motor or other accidents. They also treat patients with neurological conditions, including stroke, and other conditions such as concussion.
With the leadership of a physician board certified in both internal medicine and physiatry, Overlook Medical Center’s physiatry program is renowned for its innovative approach, pioneering many services that are now becoming standard practice across the country.
Overlook Medical’s physiatry services include:
- A physiatrist available daily to answer questions
- Diagnosis and treatment of:
- Injuries commonly related to active lifestyles and athletics
- Conditions secondary to stroke and other neurological diseases
- Musculoskeletal trauma
- Medical coverage for athletic teams, school, and events
- Non-surgical options for back injuries and other pain-related conditions
- Return to sports protocols and decision making