Chronic wounds are more than a nuisance – they can lead to an infection, tissue loss or worse. Those in need can turn to Overlook Medical Center for care that will not only heal their wound, but get them back to performing daily tasks with ease and enjoying their favorite activities.
Effective treatment is essential to healing any wound. That’s why we offer a host of modern therapeutic options, including:
- A multidisciplinary physician panel using the most advanced medical and surgical wound care strategies
- Individualized treatment plans that suit the particular needs of each patient
- State-of-the-art Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), available at the Carole and Joseph Katz MD Wound Healing Center
- Comprehensive case management to oversee dressing and appliance orders, home care arrangements and communication with the patient's physicians
- Inpatient consultation services
- Personalized care that yields high patient satisfaction scores and a 96.4 percent healing rate
- Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses (CWOCN), who hold outpatient clinics for ostomy patients in need of appliance fittings, stomal markings and trouble-shooting
Wound healing services are available at the Carole and Joseph Katz MD Wound Healing Center at Overlook Medical Center and Overlook Wound Healing – Union Campus.