Do you play an instrument or sing? Are you a photographer, visual artist or writer? Share your artistic talents by joining the Healing Arts Ambassador Program at Atlantic Health System, open to both adults and high school students 16-years-old and older.
Volunteers in our program receive specialized training from a registered art therapist and music therapist. Afterwards, they can begin sharing their passion for the arts with our patients and their families, visitors, and staff at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center or Chilton Medical Center.
Some of the available positions include:
- Office support – assist with art exhibitions (printed material, exhibitions labels, flyers)
- Curatorial assistants – help with art exhibitions (planning, installation)
- Art in waiting areas – bring an “art cart” to patient and family waiting areas to spark art-making activities and reduce stress
- Designers – help design materials
- Accomplished pianists and other musicians – play in the lobby or other areas of the hospital. (Complete the Musician Volunteer Application.)*
- Visual artists – show your artwork at the hospital (Complete the Art Exhibition Volunteer Application.)*
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete and submit an application:
*We invite you to apply, however, due to volume and compliance, we cannot guarantee acceptance. Please note at this time, we are not considering high school volunteers for art positions, but they may apply for music positions.