Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the United States, other than skin cancer. Each year, about 227,000 women will be diagnosed with this condition, as well as 2,200 men.
At Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center, we’re not only helping patients fight breast cancer with a wide array of diagnostic, treatment and support services, but also providing means to prevent it.
Our multidisciplinary team of board-certified physicians includes medical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, surgeons, pathologists and plastic surgeons. Together, they collaborate with an experienced staff of oncology nurses, social workers, radiation therapists, registered oncology dietitians and other cancer care providers to deliver comprehensive, compassionate treatment.
Our breast health services include:
- Dedicated breast centers – Carol W. and Julius A. Rippel Breast Center at Morristown Medical Center and the Breast Center at Overlook Medical Center – that offer a wide range of programs and preventative, routine screenings, such as mammograms, as well as personalized breast cancer disease management
- The latest imaging technology, including digital mammography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and ultrasound
- Access to the most advanced treatment approaches, including RealART Real-Time Treatment Planning, CyberKnife and DIEP flap surgery
- Individualized treatment plans that integrate traditional and complementary therapies, including relaxation, nutrition, guided imagery, meditation, yoga, massage and music therapy
- A full spectrum of support services designed for patients in all stages of cancer management, as well as their caregivers and family members
- Access to clinical trials of new drugs and treatment protocols
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Patient education and psychotherapy
Award-Winning Breast Care
- Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center)
- Named a Best Practice hospital for Patient Navigation and chosen to be part of the NAPBC Best Practice Repository (Overlook Medical Center)
- Designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center)
Learn more about awards and accreditations received by Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center >