Get Care When You Need It: If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911. If you have symptoms that would usually result in your making a doctor's appointment, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, contact your primary care physician.
Enhanced Safety Measures: We have taken every precaution to lessen the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the care you receive is safe. We have continued our stringent safety measures and have implemented updated guidelines. Learn More >
COVID-19 Testing Locations
Some sites may have specific guidelines, such as calling before you enter the location. Results for most tests will be available through MyChart >
If You Have Symptoms
Without a Prescription
In Mountain Lakes, AdvancED Urgent Care has testing available for patients who are feeling symptoms or have been exposed. No prescription or appointment needed. Learn more >
In Sussex County, Newton Urgent Care offers COVID-19 testing for patients with or without symptoms by appointment. Learn More >
Additionally, about a dozen urgent care centers – run in coordination with Atlantic Health System and MedExpress – offer COVID-19 testing at locations across Northern New Jersey. Learn more >
If you need a prescription for a COVID-19 test, contact your primary care physician, visit an urgent care center or schedule a telehealth visit. If you don’t have a primary care physician, find a doctor in your area >
Symptomatic testing is available by appointment for those with prescriptions from most physicians on medical staff at an Atlantic Health System hospital. Please call your primary care provider for more information. The test utilizes a mid-turbinate nasal swab, which is inserted less than one inch into the nostril.
Find additional testing locations on New Jersey's COVID-19 Information Hub >
If You Do Not Have Symptoms
Testing is available without an appointment or prescription at the following Atlantic Health System outpatient laboratory locations. Unless otherwise indicated, testing is open to adult and pediatric patients. Please select your location to see hours and contact information.
- 90-10 Route 206, Suite B, Byram, NJ
- 140 Central Avenue, Suite 100, Clark, NJ
- 1973 Washington Valley Road, Martinsville, NJ
- 111 E. Catherine Street, Suite 120, Milford, PA
- 55 Madison Avenue, Suite 2100, Morristown, NJ (for pediatric patients, 21 years of age or younger)
- 222 High Street, Suite 104, Newton, NJ
- 333 Mount Hope Avenue, Suite 160, Rockaway, NJ
- 89 Sparta Avenue, Sparta, NJ
- 1000 Galloping Hill Road, Suite 110, Union, NJ
- 741 Northfield Avenue, Suite 202, West Orange, NJ
- 449 Mount Pleasant Avenue, Suite 201, West Orange, NJ
Travel MD in Morristown offers asymptomatic testing by appointment for patients 18 years of age or older. Learn more >
If You Have A Scheduled Surgery or Procedure
Patients who need testing before procedures scheduled at Morristown, Overlook, Chilton, Newton, or Hackettstown medical centers can be tested at the following locations. Patients must have a prescription and will be contacted prior to their procedure.
- Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine, 435 South Street, Morristown, NJ
- Overlook Medical Center, 99 Beauvoir Avenue, Summit, NJ
- Chilton Medical Center, 97 West Parkway, Pompton Plains, NJ
- Newton Medical Center, 175 High Street, Newton, NJ
- Hackettstown Medical Center, 651 Willow Grove Street, Hackettstown, NJ
If you have symptoms of or have been exposed to COVID-19, please notify your doctor before visiting a test site.
Results from these tests can be accessed through the MyChart Patient Portal
MyChart is your personal, patient-centered, fully-secure connection to Atlantic Health System. Learn more >
Those tested at MedExpress locations should contact the location for results information.
Ongoing COVID Recovery Care
Some patients who recover from COVID-19 have persistent symptoms, which can affect multiple areas of the body.
The Atlantic COVID Recovery Center was established to effectively manage the health and recovery needs of patients experiencing complications 30 days after having the virus.