Our interdisciplinary hospice team includes:
- Hospice physicians
- – who work with your doctor and the hospice team to provide optimum medical care.
- Registered nurses
- – who make regularly scheduled visits to monitor your comfort, focusing on pain management and symptom control. Patients have 24-hour access to a nurse for questions, concerns and emergency visits.
- Certified home health aides
- – specially trained in hospice care, which provide personal care (bathing, meal preparation, etc.). Private care services are also available on an hourly or live-in basis.
- Social workers
- – who provide emotional support to patients and their families and referrals to community resources.
- – who offer spiritual support and collaborate with your own pastoral caregiver.
- – specially trained in hospice care, which provide non-medical services such as patient companionship, assistance with errands and caregiver relief.
- Bereavement professionals
- – who provide continuing support and follow-up to grieving families for 13 months after the loss of a loved one.
We accept most medical insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, which cover hospice care for the last six months of life. We even take care of verifying your insurance benefits and eligibility so you don’t have to worry about it. No one is ever denied hospice care due to inability to pay.
Atlantic Home Care and Hospice is Medicare certified for home care and hospice services, licensed by the New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services, and accredited by The Joint Commission.