Athletic trainers specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of muscle and bone injuries or illnesses. They are often the first health care responders at sporting events and provide immediate care to athletes when needed.
At Atlantic Rehabilitation, we provide a variety of athletic training services, including:
- Pre-game services, such as stretching, taping and bracing
- Coverage at local sporting events and school programs
- Education for coaches, players and parents on injury prevention and management
- Nutritional counseling with a dietician certified in sports nutrition
- Protective padding
- Sport-specific rehabilitation training
- Collaboration with physicians on concussion management
When injuries do occur, our team will work with school and team staff to establish safe return-to-play guidelines.
Are You Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle?
Staying well requires that you not only understand the current status of your health, but also are aware of steps you can take to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Take a short quiz now to assess your physical fitness.