The goal of physical therapy is to improve mobility and strength, restore independence, relieve pain and ensure a safe return to daily activities. It is often prescribed for patients following sports injuries, orthopedic and reparative surgeries, stroke and many other illnesses.
At Atlantic Rehabilitation, we offer a variety of physical therapy services, including:
- 3D Motion Capture
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- AlterG Bionic Leg
- Balance Master – Neurocom
- Coordination and balance training
- Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR) techniques
- Gait training
- Injury prevention
- Manual techniques, such as massage
- Parisi Speed School classes
- Personal training
- Pilates reformer core strengthening
- Prosthetic training
- Transfer training, such as moving from a bed to a chair
- Wii System virtual gaming
Physical therapy begins with a thorough evaluation to identify any physical impairments and functional limitations. After which, each patient in our program is assigned a professional therapist, many of whom are certified in orthopedics, neurology, vestibular systems, sports, women’s health and McKenzie techniques.
Our physical therapists will work with the individual in a one-on-one environment throughout their course of treatment, gauging their progress and making adjustments as needed to meet individual goals. Any accompanying pain is closely managed to ensure the greatest possible benefit from therapy.
In addition, we educate patients on in-home exercises and injury prevention techniques to safely ensure long-term independence even after physical therapy is completed.