Don't delay your health care. Call us today to schedule a virtual visit.
Atlantic Health System Urgent Care at Clark is conveniently open on the evening and on weekends – so even the busiest families can see us. No appointment is necessary. We are located in the same building for many medical needs, including orthopedic care, cardiology, imaging services and physical medicine and rehabilitation, among others.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, or feel you have been exposed to someone with either illness, please call the office to set up your virtual appointment and testing.
COVID-19 vaccines are available at this location by appointment only in accordance with the priority guidelines outlined by the State of New Jersey. Appointments must be scheduled online. Our goal is to vaccinate everyone who wants to receive a vaccine. However, availability is limited at this time. Sign up to get notifications when you're eligible and appointments are available
Have you been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
We are conducting COVID-19 testing for those who are feeling symptoms and have been exposed. Please call us today for a virtual visit, to be evaluated by one of our providers.
About Atlantic Urgent Care at Clark
At Atlantic Urgent Care at Clark, we treat adults and children age 2 and older. Whether it is urgent care services for minor illness or injury or a routine physical, we are your teammates when it comes to good health.
We are a walk-in urgent care center and we are open seven days a week. We offer fast, reliable care when you need it most. We are able to refer you to other specialists, such as cardiologists, orthopedists, podiatrists, and rheumatologists, which are available onsite by appointment.
When it comes to urgent care services for minor illnesses and injuries, the medical team at Atlantic Urgent Care at Clark treats the following conditions:
- Animal and insect bites
- Annual physicals, including sports, camp, pre-employment and pre-operative clearance
- Asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia and seasonal allergies
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) exams -- Department of Transportation (DOT) exams
- Corneal abrasions, eye and ear infections, as well as ear wax removal
- Cuts, lacerations, skin infections and wound care
- Falls, fractures or muscular injuries
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Illness related to sore throat, sinus infections, colds or coughing -- in house rapid strep tests, mono and flu testing available
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Nausea, gastritis, diarrhea, vomiting or other stomach ailments
- On-site radiological services, such as X-ray and EKG
- Physicals: sports and work-related
- Rashes and poison ivy
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) treatment and testing
- Sports injuries and overuse syndromes like sprains, strains and tendinitis
- Urinary infections
- Vaccinations and immunizations, such as mantoux test (PPD)
- Work-related injuries
Industrial medicine specializes in the prevention or treatment of disease, stress or hazards in the workplace. At Atlantic Urgent Care at Clark, we partner with more than 175 companies to meet their employee health needs, such as:
- Annual employee physicals
- Breath alcohol testing
- Department of Transportation (DOT) exams or commercial driver license exams
- Drug screenings
- Fit for Duty and Return to Work physicals
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Offsite flu vaccines and PPD available, as well as TB testing (available upon request)
- Pre-employment physicals
- Pulmonary function testing
- Work-related injuries
Enhanced Safety Measures
- Entry Screening – Patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entry (either in advance by phone or at entryway). Please be aware if your symptoms meet the CDC guidelines for COVID-19 testing, you will be directed for testing at nearby sites outfitted for COVID testing. Please call 732-499-0606, option 2, upon arrival.
- Express Check-in from Your Car – As possible, we’re reducing time in the waiting room, with new check-in procedures from your car and an escort straight to your exam room.
- Virtual Express Checkout – There’s no need to stop on your way out. An after-visit summary will be sent digitally to your MyChart account.
- Social Distancing – Team members and patients are following social distancing guidelines except as treatment needs dictate.
- Limited Visitors – Patient escorts or companions are restricted, unless medically necessary.
- Use of Facemasks – Everyone entering must wear a facemask.
- Clean Office Environment – Strict procedures are in place to routinely sanitize all high-touch areas with hospital-grade disinfectant. Handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer gel is strictly enforced.
Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 Testing
Find out more about COVID-19 testing at Atlantic Urgent Care, which is available for patients who are feeling symptoms or have been exposed. Patients will participate in a virtual visit with our medical team to determine if testing is needed. Please call 732-499-0606.
What forms of COVID-19 testing are available?
Do I need to make an appointment to receive a COVID-19 test?
Patients will participate in a virtual visit with one of our providers to determine if testing is necessary. If testing is needed, a prescription will be provided to the patient.
How are these tests given to patients?
PCR testing is done via nasal mid-turbinate (NMT) swab. The patient's head is tilted back 70 degrees. The swab is inserted in the nostril less than one inch (about 2 cm), until resistance is met at turbinates.
How long before I receive my results?