Learn more about what the medical team at Madison Pediatrics recommends for daily vitamin supplements.
Breast-fed infants under 1 year
- 0-6 months: D Vi-Sol, 1 dropper per day
- 6-12 months: Poly-Vi-Sol with iron, 1 dropper per day
Formula-fed infants get their vitamins in their formula, so additional vitamins are not necessary.
All infants 12-24 months
- Poly-vi-sol with iron, 1 dropper per day
All children 2 years and up
- Chewable multivitamin with iron (for example, Flintstones or Centrum Complete)
Multivitamins are available over-the-counter and do not require a prescription. Unfortunately, gummy vitamins don’t have iron, so they're not a good choice.
Fluoride must be prescribed by a pediatrician.
6 months - 3 years
- None, unless assessed by pediatrician as having an increased risk for developing cavities
3 years and up
- One chewable tablet a day (0.5 mg/day for 3-6 years, 1 mg/day for 6 years and up) as prescribed by pediatrician
Madison Pediatrics Location
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine
435 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
Monday through Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday: 9:00am to Noon (sick appointments only; please call before 11:30am to schedule an appointment.) Evening hours available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for well child appointments.