To evaluate issues related to emotional health along with physical health, the medical team at Madison Pediatrics partner with pediatric mental health experts using the Collaborative Care Model.
Collaborative care programs have been started at cutting edge medical centers and pediatric practices throughout the United States with successful results, including decreased anxiety and depression in adolescents and a greater sense of satisfaction from patients about the medical care received by their pediatrician.
Our program includes:
- Screening at annual well visits to identify depression, anxiety and substance use
- Adolescent and parent education regarding mental health concerns
- Delivery of evidence-based treatments, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, in the primary care environment by a collaborative care clinician
- Safety assessments to reduce risk of self-harm
- Care management by a collaborative care clinician
- Weekly supervision of an adolescent’s treatment by a care team, which includes a child psychiatrist
- Increased level of care for adolescents who are not improving
- Relapse prevention planning to help adolescents stay well
- A team approach that includes care coordination between the pediatrician, psychiatrist, clinician, adolescent and parents
Madison Pediatrics Location
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine
435 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
Monday through Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday: 9:00am to Noon (sick appointments only; please call before 11:30am to schedule an appointment.) Evening hours available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for well child appointments.