At Village Family Medicine, we treat newborns to adults. Whether it is an acute illness or just a routine check-up, we strive to help you stay healthy. At our practice, we offer:
- Same-day sick visit appointments are available
- Diagnosis and management of chronic medical conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma
- Care of acute illnesses and injuries including: allergies, colds, coughs, flu, ear infections,
gastritis, rashes, sore throat and urinary infections
- Manage minor sports injuries and overuse syndromes like sprains, strains and tendinitis
- Adult, pediatric and adolescent medicine, including routine well-visits
- Adolescent care, such as annual exams, vaccine, behavioral and health screenings which includes drug/tobacco use and sexual education, camp forms, working papers
- Adult care, such as annual physical, medical clearances, preventive screening, referrals to specialist, counseling, work related injuries/worker’s compensation and pre-employment exams
- Vaccinations and immunizations
- Women’s health, such as gynecological exams, Pap smears, mammogram referrals, sexually-
transmitted disease testing, contraceptive counseling, and family planning
- Pre-operative clearance
- Minor in-office procedures such as wart removals, laceration repairs and trigger point injections
Notice to Parents:
The physicians at Village Family Medicine feel it is our duty to not only diagnose and treat illness, but also to do everything in our power to keep our patients healthy. Consequently, we believe strongly that our pediatric patients should receive all immunizations recommended by the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
The well-established benefits to children who received the complete series of childhood and adolescent vaccinations are indisputable. What may be less obvious is that by vaccinating a high percentage of our population, something known as herd immunity develops. It is herd immunity that protects the most vulnerable – the very young, the very old, the very ill, and those not lucky enough to be able to receive vaccinations safely. By ensuring that the patients in our office and waiting room are fully vaccinated we protect those most susceptible to life threatening illness.
At each visit, whether a well visit or an acute care visit, we intend to review immunization records and offer catch up schedules wherever appropriate. Please keep in mind that fever and illness are not generally a contraindication to receiving an immunization.
We ask that parents follow our vaccination policy as we care for your child.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
We wish you and your family good health!
The Medical Team at Village Family Medicine