Giving birth in an environment that closely resembles the womb, such as a tub of warm water, is gentler and less stressful for both moms and babies. That’s why the medical team at Women's Health at Hackettstown offers water birth as an option for their patients.
The relaxing, buoyant properties of water offer many benefits during child birth, including:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved energy in the late stages of labor
- More efficient uterine contractions
- Reduced pain and anxiety
- Increased blood circulation and oxygenation
- Greater ability to focus on the birthing process
- Lesser chance of fetal complications
- Reduced need for an episiotomy
Patients also have the option of using the water tub for labor only and having a traditional delivery. In any event, water births are always supervised by member of our qualified care team.
Women's Health at Hackettstown Location
108 Bilby Road
Hackettstown Medical Arts Building, Suite 305
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Mondays: 8:30am to 7:00pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 8:30am to 5:00pm Fridays: 8:00am to 4:00pm