Atlantic Health System’s Faith Community Nurse Network recruits, trains and supports volunteer and paid nurses to help congregants make informed personal health decisions.
The typical responsibilities of a faith community nurse include:
- Identifying congregation health needs and issues
- Educating the congregation about healthy lifestyles, risk-reducing behaviors, developmental needs, preventive self-care and spiritual practices for health and healing
- Assisting congregants through medical issues including diagnosis, treatments and referrals
- Acting as a liaison and advocate for congregants admitted to the hospital
- Making home, hospital and nursing home visits as needed
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers from the congregation to serve in various health ministries
- Obtaining health resources from Atlantic Health System as necessary
- Helping the congregation with access to community resources and agencies
All of our services are provided in accordance with the values, beliefs and practices of the congregation.
Nurses in our program will also have access to quarterly networking meetings that offer CEU credit and opportunities to share best practices.