Chilton Medical Center is among a handful of hospitals in the state to offer personalized patient visitation, which allows patients to set a visitation schedule that works best for them, their families and loved ones. This minimizes anxiety and allows those who are important to the patient to be present when they are needed most.
- Visitors are asked to wash their hands prior to visiting the patient and after they leave the hospital. Hand washing is the most important means of preventing the spread of infection.
- If the patient’s door is closed, knock before opening it.
- We are a smoke-free hospital and campus. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the hospital or on any hospital grounds/property.
- Speak softly. Be considerate of other patients.
- The bathrooms in the patient rooms are intended for patient use only. Please ask a staff member to direct you to the nearest visitor bathroom if needed.
- Please refrain from sitting on any empty beds in the patient’s room.
- Children visiting patients must remain with an adult.
Please consult with nursing staff before:
- Changing a patient’s position.
- Offering help with medications.
- Bringing food or beverages to patients.
Note: For the protection of all concerned, when sick, family and friends should refrain from visiting. Due to external factors, visiting hours may be modified in order to protect our patients, visitors and staff. Any changes in visiting hours will be clearly posted in the main lobby.