General hospital visiting hours at Overlook Medical Center are 11:00am to 8:00pm. Visiting hours differ for the following areas:
Birth partners are admitted at all times. Other visitors are welcome from 11:00am to 8:00pm.
Daily, 6:00 to 8:00pm
Note: Visitation is limited to family and significant others in the following areas:
- Labor and Delivery Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Care Unit
- Neuro Enhance Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Additional Visitation Guidelines
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of our patients, and to ensure a restful environment.
- Visitors are welcome and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
- Children under age 12 are not permitted to visit patients.Anyone who has been exposed to a communicable disease should not visit.
- Overlook Medical is a smoke-free hospital.
- Please use the public restrooms located on each patient floor rather than the patient’s bathroom.
- To protect patients’ privacy and minimize noise, please restrict your cell phone use to waiting rooms and common areas such as the cafeteria, lobby and meeting rooms. Use of the camera feature on cell phones is prohibited.
- As a courtesy to patients, please do not sit on their beds.
- You may be requested to leave a patient’s room during an examination. A nurse will indicate when you may return.
- Visitors are not permitted to stay overnight in the patient's room, except in specified areas or unless there are extenuating circumstances. Please speak to the Nurse Manager for more information, if necessary.
- Friends and relatives interested in contacting patients can call Patient Information at 908-522-2100.
- In case of a fire, visitors should remain where they are until they receive instructions from the hospital staff and fire department personnel. Do not use the elevators.